Wednesday, July 1, 2015

enough all bready

I'm getting creative with my bread puns just like I'm getting creative with my bread recipes.
As weeks go by and my dad eats the bread I make him, the ideas start to wither away and I start to blank out. What will I make? What can I make? What else can you put in bread other that is edible and won't make the bread taste weird?
Every week I go through this, and every week somehow, I manage to make two different kinds of bread and make my father happy.
Like the below breads that I made within two weeks:
Lemon Poppyseed Bread
Apple Cinnamon Bread
Almond Walnut Bread

Lemon Poppyseed Bread
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of lemon extract
2 1/2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
3/4 cup of butter at room temperature
3/4 cup of white sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
In another bowl with a whisk or electric beater, beat butter until soft. Add the sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each egg addition. Add in the vanilla extract and beat mixture again. As the mixer is going, add in the flour mixture, in small additions and the milk in small additions alternating from flour to milk until both ingredients run out. Mix all ingredients well until all combined.
Place in a loaf pan or mini-loaves.
Loaf pan bake for 50-60 minutes and for mini-loaves bake for 25-30.
Once set, let cool and eat (well..at least for my dad).


My mom said the placement of these loaves looked weird but it was the only way I could position them without making them look even more weird.
Also the bit off part on the bottom left bread is not from me, it got stuck to the pan....I swear.

Apple Cinnamon Bread
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter,softened
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 large apple, peeled and chopped (Fuji or red as it has less flavor than a granny smith, but if you like tartness than granny smith will do)

Preheat oven to 350.
Begin peeling the apple and chopping into pieces. Place apple pieces into bowl. 
In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar and butter and mix with a beater until smooth.
Add in eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until mixture is smooth.
Add flour, baking powder,and cinnamon and mix well.
Add in milk.
Mix in chopped apples and give it one last mix-in with a spatula.
Pour in prepared pan, and bake for 50 minutes if with 9x5 loaf pan or 20-25 minutes if with small loaf pans.


Almond Walnut Bread
1/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of almond extract
1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350.
Chop walnuts and leave in small bowl.
In medium bowl, mix both sugars and butter until smooth.
Add in eggs and almond extract and continue to beat until mixture is smooth.
Add flour, and baking powder and mix well.
Add in the milk.
Mix in chopped walnuts and give the mixture one last stir with a spatula.
Pour in prepared pan, and bake for 50 minutes if you have a regular loaf pan or 20-25 minutes with a small loaf pan.
The cakes are monstrous, like the Elephant banana bread, I know. I swear I don't put steroids in my bread to make them rise like this, I really don't. All my breads are made steroid-free.




No comments:

Post a Comment