Thursday, June 18, 2015

Day 8-10 of #datbreadlesslifedoe

I'm combining the last two days of my bread-less and sugar-less life because I haven't posted anything on my social media page and two, I GOT A PART-TIME JOB!
Ugh the relief.
Well, it's just a job until I find a big girl job, but it's a paid job in that I can actually use my savings account for saving up and not just a back-up for when I'm broke. It's a job where I practice wearing big-girl clothes and only wear jeans on Friday.
It's a job and I sit in a spinning chair and not my couch for eight hours.
The day I was supposed to start, I left my house early because one: the internet was out and two: I wanted to go to a hipster coffee shop near my work.
And a hipster coffee shop it was.
Located in downtown Martinez, this coffee-shop is known for its gluten-free friendly food, the legit-way-you're-suppose-to-brew-coffee coffee and a barista that has a strong resemblance of Aziz Ansari. Also cold brew coffee from tap, FROM TAP I SAY. Ugh it was amazing and I didn't have to lie about my name...well sort of.
When it comes to ordering drinks and baristas ask for my name, I usually give them my middle name, Gabriela, to avoid the awkward misspellings of my name and weird looks. Usually I get away with it, but not this barista, no.
I said my "name" and handed him my debit card and upon waiting for approval, he glanced at it and asked and then pronounced it beautifully with a questioned look of "Why did you give me a different name?"
Because my name is Estibaliz and as far as I know, now one in California has this name nor can pronounce on the first time so there.
He smiled, I told him I was Spanish, he gave me my cold brew on tap with soy milk and the Aziz Ansari look-alike disappeared into the backroom.
I sat down on a rectangular table next to a mirror where I weirdly frequently checked my lipstick to make sure it was not on my teeth or smeared on my face. I applied to a few jobs, drank my cold brew with soy milk and enjoyed a gluten-free sandwich with spinach, egg, tomato and pesto with blackberries on the side.

Name: Barrelista
Location: Martinez, CA
Total Cost: $8.90

Day #9
National Doughnut Day and the food that I have been avoiding at all cost throughout this ten-day detox. Ugh, it had to fall the day before the last day of this detox. Fortunately, my boss let me out an hour early which gave perfect timing to run to Krispy Kreme to get free doughnuts. 
Nope- the line was incredibly long, both drive thru and store line. The next venture was small doughnut shops, which to my embarrassment, and I found this out when I didn't look on Yelp to see if it was open and walked up to a closed shop.
Frustrated, hot and just wanting a damn doughnut, I drove to the nearest Safeway and grabbed the very last two doughnuts on the shelves for a dollar and gave them to my parents.
Daughter of the year (Sorry Ivonne) and Detox Survivor of the year.
Also, it was Friday and on Fridays you do what you want with food which is why I treated myself to a light beer and burger. Don't judge, it's Friday.

Name: E. J Phair's Brewing Company
Location: Concord, CA
Item of Choice: Pilsner with a Burger of bacon, sauteed onions, cheese, pepper aioli with side of fries
Total Cost: I don' know, my parents paid for it.


Day 10/Not really
Technically my day ended on Day 9 when I stuffed my face with a hamburger and beer, but I still had the morning shake the next day because I wanted to keep telling myself I could do it. It was the day before my birthday and I deserved to eat a bread and sugar because it was my birthday weekend.
Did I mention it my birthday was coming up?

Day #1 of #datbreadylifedoe (<-- I changed the hashtag, everything is back to normal)
Brunch at a farm-to-table place in downtown Walnut Creek. It was just as good as the other farm-to-table place back in Santa Rosa. Ugh, delicious fresh goodness and an eggs benedict that had me stuffed with happiness.

Name: Main Street Kitchen
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Order: Eggs Benedict with ham on rye toast with coffee and soy milk
Cost: Around $18- I don't remember the exact price, but the cost doesn't matter when food is this good.
Like it was really good. Like my mom and I were tempted to stay for lunch and dinner because the place was that good.


Day #10
The last day. The day that ends it all and proof that I can last a day without eating a doughnut, as seen on National Doughnut Day post. 
I did it.
I didn't think I could do it, especially after I cheated that one weekend, but I did it. I can survive without eating bread or sugar.
I am a survivor like Destiny's Child/Beyonce and I was a year older.
I feel like I can conquer anything now.
Well...not everything but you can't my point.
My birthday came and went. I ate my way through a rack of lamb, a chiztora sandwich, Sift cupcakes and lots and lots of wine/coke and was happy as can be.

Feeling 22 as in I can eat bread and sugar and have a "normal 22-year-old life" like Zayn from One Direction.




<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14203429/?claim=z8yfuact32h">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>







No comments:

Post a Comment