Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day 6 of #datbreadlesslifedoe

Okay, I cheated, like real bad, like worse than when I cheated in my basic kitchen and made cookies with a cookie maker bad. But it wasn't my intention to cheat, I had to cheat. I know that sounds like an excuse and all cheaters say that but this was for real.
I had to cheat.
Stop judging me okay? I'm not a failure, I'm not weak, I am a survivor like Beyonce . My momma did tell me better than that.
Besides, even Beyonce would have cheated on this thing and I don't think you would be judging her.
But before I try to defend Beyonce let me explain:
This past weekend I volunteered to help my great-aunt take care of her two grandkids under the age of two over in Dixon. Being that my mom and I were going to spend the night at her place, we didn't want be a burden and state "Sorry we gave up bread and sugar so for dinner and lunch can you make something that's NOT bread and sugar" and then have my great-aunt freak out over what to make that doesn't have an ounce of bread or sugar.
Also we were going to go to Fenton's, the notable ice cream shop as featured in Up, and trying to find a bread-free or sugar-free item at Fenton's and not be a picky-pain-in-the-butt for the waitress was really hard.
I didn't want to be a burden and I didn't want to be a picky-pain-in-the-butt for anybody so I decided to cheat.
Still judging?
Whatever, my mom said it was okay so when she's says something is okay, then it's okay.
I did have my smoothie in the morning which was fine then for lunch a Hawaiian burger in which I ate half of the hamburger bun and half of a cup of melon that my great-aunt didn't want.
Of course it wasn't until after I ate the sandwich that the waitress told me I could have done a gluten-free option instead of wasting half of a bun. Of course...
For dessert was a Coffee Cookies n Cream ice cream. Now don't say you can't say no to that. Coffee and Oreo's mixed together in a milky-creamy-causing-me-a-stomachache-later-on-goodness is just so tempting and was so worth the mild stomachache.
And it was the last time until my birthday I would have a sugary-goodness, I swore.

The moment Monday hit, I went back to my morning smoothie and made this lunch below that tasted like a pizza. LIKE REALLY TASTED LIKE A PIZZA.

Stuffed Tomato with Mixed Greens
1 tomato
1/4 of a sausage chopped
shredded cheese
garlic
Olive oil
Mixed greens

Preheat oven to 400F.
Take the tomato and slice off the top part. Cut the middle part of the tomato and take out the insides but leave a 1/2 inch on the bottom of the tomato. Take sausage and cut them into pieces and mix with chopped garlic cloves. Place sausage and garlic cloves in the tomato and sprinkle with cheese. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until sausage is cooked and tomato is set. Place on a bed of mixed greens and drizzle olive oil over it. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and eat with your hands and taste the flavor of the pizza.
Ugh, it is possible to have pizza with no bread, it is! There really really is! 


Also I made two types of bread for my father, of course the one who gives up bread makes the bread.
Ugh, the temptation.

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 2/3 cup of flour
2 cups of shredded, unpeeled zucchini
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray loaf pan or small loaf pans.
Shred the zucchini in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix eggs, honey, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla. with beater.
Add salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour until well incorporated.
Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips and mix all ingredients well for one last time.
Pour into prepared pan.
If using a loaf pan bake for 50 minutes, if using a mini-loaf pans bake for 25-30 minutes.


Lemon Raspberry Bread
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 2/3 cup of flour
1 cup of raspberries

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray loaf pans
In a large bowl, mix eggs, honey, vegetable oil, sugar and lemon extract with beater.
Add salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour until well incorporated.
Stir in raspberries.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 50 minutes if using one loaf pan or 25-30 minutes if using mini-loaf pans.





No comments:

Post a Comment