Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day 4 of #datbreadlesslifedoe

The end of the dreaded third day and I was proud to be that person who wasn't affected by it. Unfortunately, I wasn't that successful. Day 4 was the dreaded day for me. I was fine in my morning with my typical morning smoothie and daily watch of The Food Network channel. I had my cup of coffee per usual and was fine...until 1 p.m.
Sitting on my kitchen table watching Netflix and drinking water, I felt it. I had a pounding headache on the side of my head and felt like I wanted to take a nap, right there on my kitchen floor. I thought the headache came from dehydration so I drank five bottles worth of my Camelback water bottle, but nothing. I then took some IB profin and sat down for a couple of hours but the desire to take a nap never went away. Thinking that it was hunger, I had apples and almond butter as a snack, but nothing.
I still wanted to take a nap on the kitchen floor at 4 p.m.
Ugh, it was horrible and I ended up not going to the gym that day as I felt I was going to sleep on the elliptical, which as I picture it, would be very uncomfortable to do.

But here's my lunch from that day.

Egg in Avocado
2 hass avocados
2 eggs
1 bacon strip-chopped into pieces
Pepper

I've made this before in the past, but failed epically when egg spilled all over the cookie sheet, so I was determined to get it right and perfect this time, one because it's a waste of food and two it was the last avocado and eggs in the kitchen so I couldn't re-do them.
I succeeded and here's why:

Preheat oven to 350F.
Cut avocado in half and with a knife cut out a big enough hole to fit an egg in, but don't cut out all of the avocado as you want some avocado inside- so leave a 1/2 inch border around.
Crack egg into avocado shell, if some egg white spills out, let it spill around and just clean around the avocado. Sprinkle chopped bacon and pepper on egg. Carefully place avocado on cookie sheet at the corner of the cookie sheet so that the avocado, with the tip at the corner of the cookie sheet so the avocado stays well.
Bake for 15 minutes or until egg is cooked. Eat with a spoon and enjoy, hopefully with no desire to take a nap at 4 p.m.




No comments:

Post a Comment