Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day 3 of #datbreadlesslifedoe

The third day, the day that my mother and sister warned me about. The day that this detox would hit and that I would feel like the wind was knocked out of me. That I would be shaking uncontrollably and my stomach would feel horrible.
The dreaded third day. I mentally prepared myself for this day. I told myself that it was okay to not apply for jobs that day and that it was appropriate to spend the day on the couch in a blanket watching a marathon of Chopped and be happy that I wasn't cooking dragon fruit with frog legs for 20 minutes and that I was at peace on my couch.
That third day.


Turns out that the third day wasn't all that bad for me. I woke up with no headache, my stomach wasn't grumbling, I didn't feel like crap and I applied for four jobs that day and didn't spend the whole day on my couch. I had my morning smoothie as usual and was fine. And I even had the energy to make the omelette below for lunch.
I am a survivor of the bread-less, sugar-less detox.

Lunch Omelette
3 eggs
1/2 avocado- sliced
1/2 tomato-chopped
2 slices of bacon-chopped
Olive oil
salt
pepper


Preheat oven to 400 and cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon slices on aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Leave in oven for 7-10 minutes. Meanwhile, take eggs and whisk them with a fork until egg mix seems fluffy.
Turn on stove on medium to high heat and drizzle with olive oil.
Chop tomato and avocado and mix with egg mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper if desired and pour into pan. Cook until bottom of omelette is cooked and with spatula, flip over omelette to the other side or if frustrated just flip as best you can and cook until eggs are fully cook.
Place on plate, and add chopped bacon.


It was delicious and I did not pretend it was chocolate or a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment