Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day 2 of #datbreadlesslife

Day #2 of no bread or sugar or dairy and I'm doing okay. I had my usual morning smoothie with bananas and a cup of coffee, and started the morning with The Food Network channel. I then continued my job hunting venture, updated my cover letter at least 20 times to gear it towards the appropriate job and had this blog open on another tab, telling myself I would write in it as I promised.
I didn't, the tab just stayed there for days until I finally caved and wrote something.
Lunchtime came and that's when things got difficult. It felt like my pantry and fridge were filled with things consisting of sugar and bread and nothing else. Even the milk had sugar in. Everything sugary and bready just teasing me. It was worse when the rice was calling my name in my pantry wanting me to cook it.
Why does food consist of sugar and bread? The question still remains unanswered.
It wasn't until I finally came to the conclusion of making myself a spinach salad- the usual.

Spinach Salad that I wish was chocolate
Handful of spinach
1/2 avocado
meat that was leftover from dinner one night-warmed and chopped up
2 tablespoons of black beans
1 tablespoons of pistachios

Place spinach inside a bowl. Cut the avocado into squares and cut meat into squares as well. Mix with spinach. Add in black beans and avocados and mix well then drizzle with olive oil.
Pretend it's chocolate as you watch The Food Network and see all the other chefs stuff their faces with bread and sugar.
Ugh, so jealous.


For dinner, I had halibut which in my opinion in the fish world, is delicious. Ugh the meatiest of fish.
Go try halibut or you ain't no halibut guuurrll.

Was that bad? I'm sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment