Thursday, May 7, 2015

saving mr. bakes

A play off of the Tom Hanks movie and the first thing that popped in my head when thinking of the title, this post is about baking and how baking saves my sanity and my day.
Which leads to yesterday when making the brownies below preventing me from having my 5th meltdown this week.
It's senior send off week, so please don't judge.
The brownies below were a thank you gift for my internship boss and she listened to my rants about how "weird" life after college is and how job hunting sucks and how I am broke, unemployed and single.
My life is a premise of a sad movie and Jennifer Lawrence will play the part of me and cupcakes and waffles will play the part of my boyfriend and Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will be the writers.
It will be a fantastic movie, yes it will.

Segway back to the brownies. If it weren't for these brownies, who knows what would have kept me sane Tuesday afternoon.

Therapeutic Peanut Butter Brownies
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/3 cup of butter, softened
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of packed sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup of cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350F.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add in brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt and stir.
Mix flour mixture into peanut butter mixture in 1/4 cup intervals and mix until well blended.
Bake for 30 minutes and cut into squares.
Carry them around school until you give them to your boss as a thank you because you know that she secretly loves chocolate and peanut butter.




No comments:

Post a Comment