Tuesday, May 5, 2015

it's not toast this time

Being a night owl, I am a fan of late night snacks. Savory, sweet, bread-y, nutty, sweet, fruity, any time at night any snack. 
Lately, my late night snacks have consisted of dessert in a mug or toasts but last night neither of those food sounded appetizing. 
I was working my last shift (Hallelu!) when I craved a late night snack, obviously. 
Instead of reaching for my toaster or microwave, I reached towards my fridge and pantry and grabbed a snack that my mom used to make my sister and I when we were little.
Apples and Peanut Butter.
You can never go wrong with this combination ever. It's like PB&J, Mac n Cheese, Bacon and Eggs, etc. 
It's delicious and I didn't feel guilty about eating it.
Being the adult that I am, instead of putting my peanut butter in a bowl like my mother would, I simple dunked the apple slices into the peanut butter and ate it out of the jar. It's easier, you get more peanut butter that way and dishes are not involved.
It's fantastic. 

Apples & Peanut Butter
1 apple or 1/2 of an apple- sliced
Peanut Butter (or almond butter or cashew butter or equivalent nutty butter)

Slice apples and place on a napkin. Open peanut butter and dunk apple slices in peanut butter or be a grown up and place peanut butter in bowl and do it that way.
Whatever floats your boat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment