Tuesday, May 5, 2015

overnight breakfast

If you are like me and not a morning person, this breakfast is for you, if you are a morning person, well then this breakfast is still for you.
Mentioned previously, I have a ton of oatmeal that my pantry can handle and looking for ways to use it so I'm not so overwhelmed with oatmeal. Last night I made a small dent in this oatmeal overload when I made the most intense (so far) packed-full oatmeal that I have probably made or seen.

Pack-ton overnight oatmeal
1/4 cup of rolled oats
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of chopped apples
2 tablespoons of dried fruit
3 tablespoons of chia seeds
1/3 cup of milk

In a bowl, place oatmeal and add cinnamon and brown sugar to it. Mix ingredients well. 
Chop apples into small squares and place in bowl and add dried fruits. Mix all ingredients together and add in mason jar, if available or keep in bowl. Pour in chia seeds and mix. Add in milk and make sure all ingredients are incorporated with the milk.
Leave in fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
When done, microwave for 1 minute and eat.
Feel the fullness and the amount of pack-ton food in it.
The most intense oatmeal ever that it doesn't even look like oatmeal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment