Wednesday, May 27, 2015

i now have a kitchen

Returning to my home in the East Bay I now have access to a kitchen, which defeats the purpose of this blog, but then again I promised to continue this blog for all the people out there with no kitchen.
I'm in a cooking pickle right now.
So I came up with this solution: I will cook the bejesus out of my kitchen until I am tired of cooking and then the microwave and toaster will be my best friend again or until I get employed and get myself my first big girl apartment.
But for now, I live at my parents house with their kitchen equipped with items I could never have in my tiny kitchen and a stove and an oven.
My first cooking item started last Monday morning with an egg white omelette and a cup o' joe.

Omelette you Finish Kanye, but I had the best breakfast of all time Omelette
2 egg whites
2 slices of prosciutto- cut into pieces
1 teaspoon of cheese
4 teaspoons of chopped mushrooms
Olive Oil

Preheat stove to medium and drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the pan.
Separate egg whites and place in a bowl. Whisk heavily until mixed together well.
Slice prosciutto or any type of ham/bacon you have and chop the mushrooms. Sprinkled cheese in the egg whites and place chopped prosciutto and mushrooms in egg white mixture.
Mix all ingredients together one last time.
Pour egg mixture onto pan and once bottom is cooked, flip one side on top of the other and let sit for about 30 seconds. Then flip the omelette to the other side trying to keep the middle contents inside. (This part gets tricky).
Once fully cooked (no egg is oozing out and liquid-y), take out omelette and place on plate and top it with some Sriracha paired with a cup of coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment