Sunday, May 3, 2015

feed your feelings

I am now declaring every Friday "Feed Your Feelings Friday".
As a senior ending her academic career in two weeks, feelings are coming in and out and my emotions and are a roller coaster.
If you are not a senior in college, this may not make sense, if you are or ever have been, then this will make complete and total sense.
Ending your academic career and heading into the real world is the most scariest thing and having people remind you everyday does not help, it only freaks it you out more.
Also the fact that my cap and gown sits on my couch staring at me hauntingly, reminding me that the time is coming.
So on Friday, after a staff meeting where, then again, the topic of graduation, leaving and heading into the real world popped up, I headed home and instead of crying, I ate my feelings in this cookie in a mug below.




Okay, I cried a little.

Gluten Free Cookie in a Mug
1 mashed banana
1 cup of rolled oats
2 tablespoons of honey
1/4 cup of almond butter (or peanut butter)
1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
1/3 cup of chocolate chips


In a bowl, mash the banana well and add the almond (peanut) butter. Once mixed, add the oats, honey and vanilla and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
Add in chocolate chips.
Mircrowave for 2-4 minutes (This requires more time in the microwave, as it does not have flour nor eggs).
Sit in bed and eat your feelings.
It helps if Netflix is there, Netflix always listens and knows what to show to make your smile.
Thanks Netflix.


No comments:

Post a Comment