Sunday, May 3, 2015

bae-con

I normally don't use "bae" in my vocabulary as it means "poop" in another language and I don't like calling someone "poop" in a loving way. It's just weird.
Also the phrase came out when I was abroad and any lingo that came when I was abroad is still foreign to me and I still refuse to use it.
The only reason I am using it for the title of this post, is because for a while, when "bae" came into the American lingo, I literally thought it meant "bacon and eggs".
I'm dead serious.
It wasn't until I looked in Urban Dictionary and read what it actually meant:
"Before Anyone Else" Or another way to say babe or baby.
I still like "bacon and eggs" better.
Which leads me into this post's of "food of the day"
Bacon. 
The love of many, the "bae" that will probably be in your life longer than any man or woman. The greasy fat that has everyone worrying about their health. 
Ron Swanson's kind of meat and the "manliest of meat". 
Bacon. 
Even the word itself just has my mouth watering, wanting the greasy fat and meat.
Bacon. 
No matter how many times I say it, the craving for it, gets more and more. 
Bacon.
Okay I'm done now.
Despite all the health worries, bacon does contain nutrients needed for good health, however within moderation. 


Health Benefits of Bacon
-Bacon contains grams of protein and provides amino acids that is needed in your body. The protein helps your body maintain lean muscle, hormone balance, brain function, and keeps tissues in your body healthy and functioning. 
- Bacon contains the vitamin- Vitamin B-12 which is important for healthy red blood cells. This vitamin helps make hemoglobin which is a protein that helps blood transport oxygen. Eating Vitamin B-12 also helps metabolize fats and protein, plays a role in brain function and protects you from nerve damage. 
-Bacon contains iron which is a mineral essential for hemoglobin production. 


Bacon is also recommended to be eaten in moderation as eating too much may cause health risks.
So instead of eating 8 pieces of bacon, having 1-2 a day or every other day is probably the best choice, or turkey bacon as a substitute is a better alternative. I have had turkey bacon and it is not that bad, which says something. 


http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/good-health-benefits-sausage-bacon-8236.html

No comments:

Post a Comment