Sunday, May 3, 2015

combining everything in my pantry

You ever have one of those days when you take what you have in your pantry/fridge and stick on a piece of bread and call it a sandwich, kind of day?
That was me on Wednesday. Usually I during my 30 minute free time before a meeting and class, I prepare a well-colored salad that is posted on the Insta (<-- that's what the cool kids call it right?)
But my spinach wilted and I had to throw it away and my vegetables contained of tomatoes and carrots so a salad was out of the picture. I looked in my pantry and found a loaf of bread and my typical combo of dried cranberries and pistachios (no I do not have a problem). I then opened my fridge and found my mini-tub go goat cheese and a tupperware of black bean and corn and took that out.
Combine all those ingredients together and BAM, you have a sandwich filled with components that will fall out when you take one bite.
Clearly I did not think this sandwich through.


Black Bean, Corn, Pistachio, Dried Cranberries Sandwich
2 loaves of bread
2 tablespoons of black beans
2 tablespoons of corn
1 tablespoon of pistachio (or any nut you have)
1 tablespoon of dried cranberries (or any dried fruit you have)
Spreadable Goat Cheese

Take two pieces of bread and lay flat. Spread goat cheese on each side. Place black bean and corn on each side and then add the pistachios and dried cranberries. Put sandwiches together carefully to not let any of the contents spill.

No comments:

Post a Comment