Wednesday, April 22, 2015

you sexayy thang

On today's food spotlight, I will be talking about the delicious, brown treat that has people going crazy. The one that is always there for you to sweeten your day and your tooth. The one that appears in every grocery stores during holidays and is consumed so much. The one that is so cheap and so delicious and crammed pack with sugar.
The one and only chocolate.
Ugh....
Chocolate, the candy of love. The candy that we go to when we are sad, happy or just because. The candy of romance.
The candy itself.
Chocolate has been the staple of romance, media and all thing happiness.
Any way it comes, melted, milk, dark, semi-sweet, frosting, in chunks, chips or balls, chocolate is always consumed making the world go round and making people happy.
For example, I give you my older sister Ivonne.
Growing up, my older sister loved chocolate. Chocolate ice cream, semi-sweet chocolate, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.
My mother used to joke around with my little cousins that if she had misbehaved she would not get any chocolate, which ended up being the basis of her awkward teenager email that for privacy and embarrassment reasons I will not publicly say out loud on this blog.
You're welcome Ivonne.
My sister was all about the chocolate and even through her dairy allergies she still would not give up her love of chocolate.
Dedication right there.
And no, my sister did not gain an immense amount of weight and she rarely got cavities that I'm still bitter about....but that's a sister thing.

Regardless of the health risks that chocolate may have, my sister is smart in continuing her chocolate consumption as there are health benefits to eating chocolate.

Why you should eat chocolate:
-chocolate may lower cholesterol levels (those chocolates that contain PS -plant sterols- and CF- cocoa flavanols-)
- chocolate may prevent memory decline (which makes so much sense as she remembers all the little annoying things I did when we were children...but then again that's just a sister thing. It's beside the point)
-chocolate may reduce the risk of developing heart disease
- chocolate helps will lowering the risk of gaining a stroke
-dark chocolate specifically is better for us as it as anti-oxidants, improve blood flow and lower blood pressure, and good for your skin and protect your skin against the sun.

That last sentence is not true for my sister as she burns in the sun after 5 minutes, I on the other hand just get really tan. She's still bitter about that but then again it's a sister thing.

So do what I was told to do and be like my sister and consume chocolate (dark chocolate specifically) drink hot chocolate, attack that chocolate fondue at the next wedding or party or be like Tina Fey and have a chocolate brownie shaped like a man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_a0b17xFX8&spfreload=10


No comments:

Post a Comment