Tuesday, April 21, 2015

i might have cheated

Okay here is a secret that I have that I did not mention in the beginning of this blog.
I have a cookie maker, a cupcake maker and a brown maker, hidden in my pantry.
I'm such a cheater, I'm really sorry.

But you just don't understand, sometimes I need to bust out the cookie maker to get the feel of homemade cookies. Nothing beats homemade cookies, not even freshly baked cookies from the cafeteria.
Homemade cookies <<< anything
That's how I felt this past Saturday. After my first mental breakdown of senior year (I'm surprised I made it this far without having a mental breakdown this whole year) and sleeping for 10 hours, plus feeling crappy because of the Taco Bell I ate, I had to make some cookies. One because baking is also a form of therapy and two because well, it's cookies.

While binge watching TV, I took out my baking bowls, dusted off the cookie maker and started creating the below cookie recipe.
(If you have cookie maker, then make these, if not hold on until you have an oven)

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
1 1/4 cups of light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

With oven: Preheat to 350 degrees
With cookie maker: plug in cookie maker and let sit until it gets warm

In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and oats. In another bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and sugar together until fluffy.
Beat in eggs one at a time, beating after each addition and add in vanilla.
Beat in flour mixture 1/4 cup at a time.
Fold in chocolate chips.

With oven: Place 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
With cookie maker: place on cookie plate, close the cookie maker and cook for 5 minutes.

Let the cookies cool on a plate for 5 minutes.
Eat the whole batch or be like me and eat 5 and put the rest in little bags and give it to all your co-workers as a motivation. Save the leftovers for another late night snack and pair with a mason jar filled with milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment