Tuesday, April 21, 2015

it's complicated: chia seeds part dos

I've used the chia seeds again.
I know I said in previous posts about my anger towards chia seeds and how I still hold a grudge on them for costing a lot and being over my budget. But I use them, one because they are good for me and also there were $7.99 for a bag and I can't waste that on my budget.
I made them again and had them for breakfast and it was delicious and I ate it with a whole banana to avoid the weird consistency.

Chia Seed Pudding with Bananas and Dried Cranberries
1/4 or 1/2 cup of milk (depending on how big your bowl is)
4 tablespoons of chia seeds (or more)
1 banana-sliced
handful of dried cranberries

The night before pour milk a bowl and pour chia seeds in it. Make sure the top is covered in chia seeds so that it is easier for the seeds to soak up the milk.
Place bowl in the fridge and let it sit overnight.

--The Next Day--
Take out bowl and make sure milk/chia seed mixture is the right consistency. Slice bananas and place on top of bowl and sprinkle dried cranberries or any extra fruit that you have.
Pair with cup of coffee.
And if you are wondering, I did not start off my morning angry, I got over the anger over the chia seeds, mostly because I was still groggy from waking up that I forgot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment