Thursday, April 23, 2015

it happened one night...

It happened one time. Just one time. It was shocking when I woke up to find it in my bed. I was even surprised that I would do such a thing.
That's so not like me.
I would have never expected to do such a thing in my single-sort-of-adult-life.
I slept with my granola.
It is all such a blur, I don't remember it.
But weirdly, I don't regret it.

To explain, here is the whole story:
I woke up sleeping past both of my alarms and debated whether or not I should go to my one class of the day.
My excuse: I had nothing to wear.
Having it be my last semester of my academic career, it seemed like a legit excuse.
I ended up going to class and sitting through the hour and 25 minutes. After class I headed to my internship where I had a life-vent session with my boss and then stared at my computer for 20 minutes until it was time to leave at one.
Then I met up with my friend Brandon to the school pub where I was there for four hours and did this blog over and over and over and over until my computer was running low and my fingers couldn't type anymore.
I ventured back home and then it happened.
All I remembered was going through my pantry looking for granola, dried fruits and chocolates. I then laid in my bed, put on Netflix and then I woke up and found the bowl of granola laying next to me staring at me.
I freaked out still groggy from the nap and a little delusional.
I slowly got up, crept away from my bed, put on some real pants and shoes and stepped out of my room to get some dinner.

I still can't believe I did that.
What are all the other foods in my pantry and fridge going to think of me.
God, I'm such a food slut.

"I slept with my granola" Granola
1 cup of granola
2 tablespoons of dried cranberries or any other fruit you have
2 tablespoons of pistachios or any other nut
2 tablespoons of chocolate chips

Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
Be careful when eating in bed or what happened to me might happen to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment