Sunday, April 26, 2015

throwback flashback Sunday

I couldn't think of a word to describe throwback and flashback that started with an "S".
If you know of a word please let me know, because I am struggling.


Before the creation of this blog, I was experimenting with cooking without a kitchen making salads and dessert in a mug, having fun with it and occasionally sharing it via social media.
But there was one creation that I failed to mention on this post and feel obligated to as it was a big challenge and I was just super proud of it.
For four years, I have been a proud owner of a waffle maker. Making waffles for me and for those around me, fulfilling people's lives with waffles and being the Leslie Knope of my friend group.
I was known for making waffles, it was a known fact. Just ask any of my past and current co-workers and they will tell you.
Or even just ask my friend Brandon, because waffles are the reason that we are friends.
I only used my waffle maker for waffles because it seemed obvious to do.
But then I started seeing articles on what you could make with a waffle maker. People kept tagging me on Facebook on these said articles. It was too good to be true. That could not last in the waffle maker. Why would someone want waffled-like scrambled eggs? I mean to each its own.
It wasn't until Christmas break that I utilized my waffle maker for something other than waffles.
I had bought cinnamon rolls because they were on sale for $5, but they stayed in my fridge for a couple of days.
I had thought that I would use them for when I went to a friend's house who did have a kitchen, but then I remember it was Winter Intercession and there was barely anybody at school. So I had to resort to something.
Seeing that one could make cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker, I decided to take the risk one Saturday morning over Winter Intercession.

Cinnamon Rolls in Waffle Maker
1 stick of cinnamon rolls

Heat up waffle maker. Open up the cinnamon roll can, and separate the cinnamon rolls. Place two cinnamon rolls on each square and close waffle maker.
Cook for 3-5 minutes.
Once done, take the icing from the cinnamon roll packet and drizzle icing over the waffled cinnamon rolls.
Pair with coffee and eat in happiness and the motivation to bake and cook everything in your waffle maker.



No comments:

Post a Comment