Monday, April 27, 2015

nutty butter

Peanut Butter. The foundation of all the elementary school lunches and the perfect substance to go with any fruit, Oreo or out of the jar itself.
It sticks to the roof of your mouth and is a fear to some people called Arachibutyrophobia. It is also the cause of many debates, one including me and my sister of whether one prefers crunchy or creamy peanut butter. I prefer creamy while she prefers crunchy, it is still a debate in my home and still drives my mom crazy when she has to buy one jar of crunchy and one jar of creamy peanut butter because my sister and I won't compromise.
My reason for being on the creamy peanut butter side: when eating a PB&J with crunchy peanut butter, I feel like I'm eating rocks in my sandwich and I don't like to eat rocks in my sandwich.
Regardless of its consistency, peanut butter has its perks. So whether you are with me and like you PB creamy or whether you are against me and on my sister's side (which is like cool or whatever I guess), peanut butter is good for you.
So set aside your differences (we will talk later) and let's gown down to peanut butter-y goodness.

Benefits of Peanut Butter
-PB contains unsaturated fats that lower the levels of harmful cholesterol in the bloodstream which helps reduce the risk of heart disease
-peanut butter has a good source of manganese which helps in removing toxic ammonia from the body and helps with tissue growth, bone development and wound healing after injuries
-peanut butter has a good source of niacin or Vitamin B-3 which is good for your metabolism, regulate cell growth and development in cell tissue
-peanut butter should be consumed in moderation because it has a high calorie content, so you should be having  2 tablespoons of PB. So don't eat the whole jar in one sitting, unless you are having a bad day/ you ran out of Nutella.

The article that got the information from didn't mention the creamy or crunchy peanut butter debate, but I'm certain that I am right. Mostly because this is my blog and because for once, as a younger sibling, I want to be right.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-eating-peanut-butter-4189.html

No comments:

Post a Comment