Sunday, April 26, 2015

raining toasts & cats

It wasn't actually raining toasts and cats but it was pouring rain two days ago.
It was Friday night and I was in my bed watching Netflix, hashtag i'macoolkid. I couldn't sleep because I had slept 11 hours the night before after having a week of insomnia. I was there lying in my bed, awake watching Bob's Burgers just laughing and drooling over Bob's burgers. I then got hungry. Like really hungry. Like I needed something fulfilling and couldn't wait for breakfast hungry.
I really needed food in me.
I wasn't feeling granola, nor my typical desert in a mug that I would usually have at night. I wanted something salty, savory and bread-y.
Yes bread definitely bread.
It was perfect because I just had just saw a toast list on FoodGawker and was craving toast.
But I was too lazy to bring out my toaster, so instead I just ate it of an un-toasted piece of bread.

Salmon Toast with Goat Cheese, Pistachios
1 slice of bread
2 slices of salmon
goat cheese
pistachios

Take a slice of bread and spread goat cheese (or cream cheese) on it. Place salmon slices on it and drizzle pistachios or any nuts that you have like chopped almonds, cashews or peanuts.
Eat in bed and think of a punn-y name for it like Bob does with this burgers.

Punn-y names will be accepted for this toast in form of comments, texts or Facebook messages.
Thank you and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment