Sunday, April 26, 2015

the F word

There is nothing worse than hearing the F word. It's even more worse when the "F" word applies to you.
The "F"word being FAILURE.
I failed and it hurt and lowered my cooking self-esteem a little.
I thought this would never happen, especially while doing this blog, but it did.
I'm really sorry fellow readers. I'm sorry you have to see this side of me and realize that I am not a perfect cook. I hope you will still read this and be my friend, if not, I totally understand.

This is what happened.
I was scrolling through FoodGawker when I found a recipe for "Chocolate Avocado Pudding". When I first saw this I thought, "This is weird" but then I looked more into the recipe and saw that I have all the ingredients and then I changed my mind and decided to make it. I felt adventurous and part of this blog is to be adventurous with no kitchen.
Sometimes not being adventurous and being simple is okay. I learned that the hard way.

Disclaimer: This is the opinion of my experience with this pudding. Other experiences and other cooks may have different experiences.
End disclaimer.

Chocolate Avocado Pudding
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
3/4 cup of water
pinch of salt
Honey to sweeten

*Now the directions to this recipe required a food processor, in which I don't have and don't know many college students in dorms do so I mixed it all with a fork.*

Mix avocado, cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon, chia seeds, water and salt and mix all ingredients well. With a fork or spatula, mix well and make sure avocado is mixed in well and there are not too many chunky avocado.
Chill in fridge 30 minutes and eat out of bowl or mason jar.

Reason why it was a failure: I forgot to add the honey because when I bit into it, all I got was cocoa powder. It was not appetizing. The avocado chunks were large as you can see in the top left corner. 
The consistency was definitely not pudding. 
Not to make it a failure: Use a food processor or a beater to mix the ingredients and add honey at the end to make it sweet.

But like I said, this is my experience, you might like the taste of the cocoa powder and like seeing chunks of avocado in the pudding, because who doesn't like chunks of avocado? It's like a surprise in your meal.

I hope you enjoy this better than I did, and follow the recipe directions well.
Peace. Love. Chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment