Tuesday, April 21, 2015

those damn chia seeds

It was pay day this past Wednesday and to any human being, this is the best day ever. Especially when you are a broke college student like me and haven't gone grocery shopping for two weeks and been living off of cafeteria food for those two weeks.
The thought of non-cafeteria food seemed like a dream those two weeks.
But pay day made the dream a reality when Friday afternoon, the first Friday with no meetings or community service projects or internship I was free, when I biked to Oliver's and went grocery shopping.
I felt so free, it was good to be back.
I bought milk like a grown up, and bananas and avocados and reunited with cran-stachios (cranberries and pistachios), body wash that smelled of cocoa butter and vanilla, vanilla extract to sweeten my sweets even more, chocolate chips- the Guittard good kind because they were on sale, tomatoes, and chia seeds.
Those damn chia seeds.
I had heard about chia seeds through my co-workers and various food blogs. I thought it was like the flax seed in that only hipster food people eat them because they could afford them, until I bought flax seed and ended up being okay.
A bag of flax seed was 79¢ so I thought chia seeds would be similar or a little more.
I was completely wrong. I now lack confidence in my knowledge of seeds.
The cheapest chia seeds that I could find were $7.99 the rest were $10 and above.
I struggled. Should I buy the chia seeds? Should I not buy the chia seeds? Are they really that good for me? I mean will I DIE if I don't eat these said chia seeds?
I bought the chia seeds and I was over my budget by $2.94.
I blame it on the chia seeds, those damn chia seeds ruined my budget.
Ugh, I'm still upset.


I used the chia seeds, don't get me wrong. Believe me, after paying $7.99 and being almost $3 over my budget, I have used the chia seeds. When I have, I've made them angry, as they remind me of how  expensive they were and how they almost ruined the point of this project.


Damn chia seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment