Friday, April 17, 2015

paleo for dessert

No, I'm not on the paleo diet. The recipe I'm about to give you though, is.
Still on the path of life with no kitchen, finding recipes have been tougher and more complex, which is also the summary of my last semester here in college.
But I'm willing to overcome the obstacles, that is of my kitchen, don't ask me about overcoming my last semester of my senior year, I don't walk to talk about it.

Let's talk about these paleo brownies and eating your feelings and not feeling like you are eating a "faux" brownie, as some people may see it.

Paleo Brownie in a Mug
1 cup almond butter (peanut butter)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 eggs
2tbs ghee*
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

*ghee is a type of butter that is used in Middle Eastern cuisines and is a type of butter. Not having ghee in my basic kitchen and not knowing many college students who have ghee in their basic kitchen, I looked for an alternative. Luckily olive oil is a good substitute so that's what I used.


Take almond (peanut) butter and place it in a mug. Pour maple syrup and egg and mix well until consistency is softer than the almond (peanut) butter. Pour olive oil, vanilla and mix. Lately mix in the cocoa powder and mix well especially on the bottom so no powder is left.
Microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Eat and enjoy and convince people that it "faux" brownie good, because it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment