Thursday, April 16, 2015

chewable flax seeds

Remember that one time, in past posts, I went to Oliver's and bought flax seed and felt so fancy that I bought flax seed on a college student budget?
After a month of having flax seed sitting in my pantry, I have finally used it. It wasn't like the rice incident where it sat in my pantry haunting me. The flax seed was calling for me. It needed me. I needed the flax seed and the flax seed needed me.
So I took out of my dark pantry into the sunlight of my room and made these energy bites.
The bites didn't give me energy in itself but I definitely had energy making them at 11PM.

Energy bites
1/4 cup of almond butter (or peanut butter)
5 tablespoons of coconut flakes
1/3 up of flax seeds
1/3 cup of honey
1/2 cup of oats
1/3 cup of cocoa powder

In a bowl (small or large) place almond (peanut) butter, coconut flakes, flax seeds, honey, oats, cocoa powder and mix. Mixture will be tough to mix consistency wise, but make sure all ingredients are incorporated well and there are no leftover oats and coconut flakes on the bottom of the bowl. Once incorporated, take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll them into balls and place on a plate or like me a big tupperware and place the balls in the fridge for 24 hours.
Note: when you eat it, they will be flax seed-y, very flax-seedy
If you can, dump some chocolate chips into it to balance out the crunch of the flax seed.


No comments:

Post a Comment