Sunday, April 12, 2015

proud mama

I'm relating this post to the TLC show Toddler's and Tiaras because the emotion I went through to make the below recipe was the emotions that mothers go through putting their daughter in a pageant. 
Never have I been so proud of a food as I was this morning. It literally made my Sunday. Like I almost cried at the site of what I have done because I was so proud. Ugh, I couldn't stop dancing in my pajamas over this food.
I thought it couldn't be done, but it was done. I thought I was going to get sick, but I haven't yet. I thought it wouldn't work and be a blob of white mess all over my microwave.
I still can't believe I did it. This surpasses the duck that Julie Powell had to take over. This surpasses the first time I made scrambled eggs.
This is proof that anyone can make ANYTHING in the microwave. That just because you have a kitchen doesn't mean you can't do anything.
Ugh, I'm holding back tears as I'm writing this, I'm this proud like a mom proud of her daughter for winning Miss Ultimate Grand Supreme.
The food that I had was my Miss Ultimate Grand Supreme.

Poached Eggs on Bread with Braided Bacon (<-- That's right, you read that correctly)
3 slices of bread
4 pieces of bacon
3 eggs
1/2 cup of water
olive oil
maple syrup
cream cheese
any flavored cream cheese (or any spreadable item you have in your fridge)
salt
pepper

Prepare three slices of toast with the following (this can change but this is what was in my fridge/pantry that I put one(
Toast #1- olive oil and maple syrup over egg and bacon
Toast #2- Spread cream cheese on sliced bread
Toast #3- Spread salmon flavored cream cheese on sliced bread

To make the bacon:
Take one bacon strip and cut them into pieces. Do this with the rest of the pieces.
Lay the three thin pieces together and braid. The trick to do this is the braid the bottom a little bit and then go to the top and braid the whole thing. It takes time to do this. It took me five tries to get the perfect braid .
Braid the rest of the bacon pieces.
Place braided bacon on a bacon sheet or microwavable plate and cover with paper towel or napkin. Microwave to your liking, ( I did mine at 4 minutes because I like my bacon crispy.)
Let bacon cool for five minutes and then cut pieces in half.

To poach the eggs:
Take a bowl and pour 1/2 cup of water in it. Crack an egg and drop it in the water and make sure egg is submerged in the water. Sprinkle salt and pepper over and place with microwave with a plate on top to prevent it from spilling in the microwave. Microwave on high for 1 minute. If egg white is not solid after 1 minute, microwave after for 15 second intervals until firm.
Using a spatula or spoon, scoop out egg and make sure there is no water coming out or it will get on your bread and make a soggy bread. Place on sliced bread and place braided bacon on the sides of the egg.
Do this twice to the other eggs.
The eggs will poach, believe me, they will poach. When they poached for me, that's when I cried and danced of joy like a pageant mom. 
My little poached egg babies did it.
Braided Bacon- Precooked

Braided Bacon- Cooked

How to make a poached egg in the microwave. Please don't look at the spots in the microwave. I promise to clean it up.


The final product. Ugh, aren't they precious?
I'm just so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment