Wednesday, April 1, 2015

midnight snack

Let's picture this:
It's Monday night, almost midnight, I am off school on Tuesday due to Cesar Chavez Day and I had no homework.
I'm binge watching 30 Rock for the fifth time and watching Liz Lemon chow down on hamburgers, doughnuts and cheesy blasters that I craved something. A small something but not a savory something. Like something sweet and crunchy and also nutty and healthy so I wouldn't feel guilty.
So a almond butter (peanut butter) banana toast sounded like the perfect idea.
Except for the part when I accidentally put my toaster on 5 instead of 2 1/2 and almost burnt my toast.
Oops.

Almond Butter and Banana Toast
2 slices of bread
almond butter (or peanut butter if you have)
1 banana, cut into slices
Honey

Place two slices of bread into toast at whatever number is your preference.
Spread almond butter (peanut butter) all over each slice.
Lay chopped bananas on each slice and drizzle honey over it.
Crunch, Crunch, Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment