Monday, April 6, 2015

late night toasted

Wednesday was April Fool's and no jokes were pulled on me. I kind of sort of forgot about it and thought it was a normal Wednesday. I went to my internship in the morning, went to class and then ran home to write a one page lab report before my staff meeting that was from 3-5PM and get everything ready for my 5PM class.
I busted out the lab report like the second semester senior student I am and was in the middle of printing out my eight page lab report, when I checked my email and got a message from my professor saying that class was canceled.
It was not an April Fool's joke (although he wished it was), it was the real thing. All the rushing was for nothing and I had free time for the rest of my Wednesday.
What does one do with free time?
Like you have a scheduled class from 5-8:40PM every week and mentally prepare yourself for the day and then it gets canceled. You're thrown off and confused.
I sat in my staff meeting still confused as to what I was going to do with all this free time. A whole chunk of my day is now set free and I have no idea what to do with it.
hashtag firstworldproblems.
So I worked on this blog a little, had dinner with my staff, took a shower, went to the library, did my homework and continued to work on the segment piece veggie spotlights focusing on Spinach. One hour in the library, I left, unpacked everything and made this sweet, toast that completely contradicted the veggie spotlight piece and my rant on the importance of eating well.


Maple Cinnamon Toast
2 pieces of bread
butter
cinnamon
maple syrup
Take two pieces of bread and toast them (if needed or if you have a toaster). 
Melt butter, slightly and spread onto each piece. Sprinkle cinnamon and maple syrup to your desire on each piece of toast. Eat and worry about eating your vegetables tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment