Monday, April 27, 2015

damn chia seeds part three

Yes after a week and a half of buying chia seeds, I still hold a grudge on them. They sit in my pantry waiting to be used and when I see them I stare at them angrily.
I shouldn't be angry at them though. They have produced delicious breakfast and although the texture is weird, they are very delicious and healthy as well.
It's always the super-expensive-cause-of-going-over-your-budget-food that is healthy for you....


The Chia Seed and all its benefits
- chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce cholesterol.
-chia seeds have an excellent source of fiber which also helps with reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol and regulating bowel movements...because you know, shit happens
-chia seeds are also rich in anti-oxidants which helps the body from free radicals, aging and cancer.
-chia seeds can also last for two years without refrigeration (So my $7.99 is actually getting stretched)
-Chia seeds have lots of minerals (such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and manganese) which prevents hypertension and maintain a healthy weight and chia seeds are important for energy metabolism and DNA synthesis
- chia seeds give the feeling of being full and satisfied and lower craving between meals
-chia seeds are gluten-free
-chia seeds can replace eggs because when mixed with a liquid, they form a gel and increase the nutrient in food and when baking
-chia seeds can be digested whole
-chia seeds play an important role in regulating insulin levels

So to sum it all up, I should get over my anger on the chia seeds and be glad I spent the $7.99 on them because they are packed with a ton of good stuff that I need. Also the fact that they last for two years without refrigeration is pretty impressive me and my wallet.
To my chia seeds in my pantry, I am no longer angry at you. When I open my pantry door, instead of an intense stare, there will be a smile because you do so much good and you will make my dollar stretch.

Thanks chia seeds, and keep being you.


http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/top-10-health-benefits-chia-seeds-6962.html

No comments:

Post a Comment