Wednesday, March 11, 2015

spontaneous sandwich

The weather has flipped-flopped in California.
What was once sunny Southern California, a region no lower than 65 degrees is now hailing and apparently snowing. And Northern California, home of Karl the Fog and the four seasons is now 65 degrees and above.
Until Saturday afternoon around 1 o'clock when it decided to downpour, thunder and lightening for 20 minutes.
I kid you not. 20 fuckin minutes.
I stepped outstide ready to hop on my bike with my purse and grocery list ready and it was pouring.
I looked up at the sky and it was sunny with clouds and I was so confused.
I seriously thought for a second that I had done something and I made it rain specifically over my building.
I didn't, the weather was just confused and so was I.
With only a bike and car-less and not being able to go to the grocery store, I made myself a sandwich in my basic kitchen.

Bacon, Spinach, Tomato, Avocado Sandwich
2 slices of bread
3 slices of bacon
Handful of Spinach
1/2 of a tomato
1/2 of an avocado
Pistachios & Cranberries if you have them or chips if you have them too

Lay slices of bacon on a microwavable bacon sheet. Cover with a paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes or to your liking.
While bacon is microwaving, toast two slices of bread.  Cut tomato in half into slices then cut the avocado into slices.
Once toast is toasted, lay flat on a plate and place the spinach, tomato and avocado and cooked bacon. Squeeze in some pistachios/cranberries or chips in between the sandwich.
Sit and watch Netflix while waiting for the rain to pass by.

The rain stopped and it was super sunny like it never happened. I ended up biking to Oliver's because I needed groceries and a sandwich for surviving the mini-thunder and lightening storm.
Treat yo' self.

No comments:

Post a Comment