Wednesday, March 11, 2015

london (fog) calling

The day of the flip-flop weather and the 20 minute storm, I read an article on Tasting Table about a drink called the "London Fog". Reading the ingredients and what it's supposed to taste like, had me intrigued and had me expanding my budget so that I could buy Earl Grey Tea.

Originated in Vancouver, Canada, the London Fog Tea is a mixture of milk, Earl Grey Tea and Vanilla Extract all combined and heated to taste like a marshmallow.
I was hooked. I wanted to taste a liquid marshmallow and see if the Internet was right.

So Saturday night while I was working and watching the end of Parks & Recreation, I made this drink, trying my best not to cry in it, as I watched the series finale of Parks & Recreation and ruin the marshmallow taste with my salty tears.

London Fog
1 Cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tea bag of Earl Grey tea

Take cup of milk and pour it in a microwave safe mug. Microwave high for about 1 minute 30 seconds or 2 minutes. Once done, put vanilla extract in and place tea bag in the milk/vanilla mixture and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
Drink.

The Internet was right, it tastes like a fuckin' marshmallow. I had to pause Parks & Recreation because it blew my mind away on how it tastes like a fuckin' marshmallow.
I wanted to bathe in this liquid marshmallow, it was that good. I told my co-worker about this drink, I ordered this drink at the school cafe and caused a confusion with all the baristas but it was so worth it. I gave this drink to my friend Brandon on his first day of work and he was blown away and chugged it like a little kid. He was blown away by this drink.
Buy milk, get vanilla extract and buy the earl grey tea. Follow the directions above and experience the liquid marshmallow and let everyone know about this drink.
Like everyone.
You're fuckin welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment