Saturday, March 28, 2015

hungry like a koala

The title is play-off of the Duran Duran song "Hungry Like a Wolf" in which I sing in my head when I'm hangry every once in a while. On Wednesday after not eating a full meal until 12PM and getting out of class at 8:30PM, I was hungry like a wolf, but didn't feel like one because I didn't sink my teeth into red meat or eat an insane amount of food. Also I don't really identify as a wolf, more like a koala, as the title states. Koalas eat and sleep all day long with no judgement from the public. Koalas are my spirit animal.
So me and my koala spirit animal ate this salad out of extreme hunger.

Spinach, Avocado, Cilantro Salad
a handful of spinach
1/2 of an avocado
1 pinch of cilantro
a handful of dried blueberries
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinaigrette

Place spinach in a large bowl. Take avocado and slice it into cubes and mix it with the spinach. Mix in cilantro and dried blueberries. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette and mix salad well.

Take in every bite. The sweet and savory of the spinach and dried blueberries. The little surprise of the cilantro makes the salad a GAMECHANGER.
Who thought cilantro would be so delicious in a salad?
Take my word, I wanted to be my koala spirit animal as I ate this in my bed and almost fell asleep eating these greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment