Sunday, March 22, 2015

from farm to table

I had a week hiatus from being in my Basic Kitchen. With a spring break trip to plan (which will be mentioned earlier) and midterms coming and going, and performing in the Vagina Monologues, my cooking has been stopped, but it doesn't mean my love for food has.
Two weeks ago, (I know I'm behind) I took my mom out to brunch in Santa Rosa and found this cafe that looked like a pop up tent. Called, The Naked Pig from farm to table, the cafe served food that was grown within Sonoma County and was fresh and organic. Leading an Alternative Spring Break trip on Food Justice, it was perfect.
I ordered a Waffle Bacon with Santa Rosa wild flower honey with an egg on the side along with some  well-roasted coffee and cream and almost died in this cafe.


I went here again this past Sunday and had their Eggs Benni with lemon hollandaise sauce and I almost died again, in the cafe, in front of my friends, in public.
It was that good.
If you are in the Sonoma County area, or in the Bay Area, go to this cafe, it's worth the weight. Savor every bite, moan and groan as much as you can and not care if the people next to you are hard core judging. They probably don't appreciate food as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment