Monday, February 23, 2015

the one night I felt guilty about eating a nutella pizza

Every Thursday, I prepare myself for the long day and bring out the Lorelai Gilmore in me and inject 3 cups of coffee in me to prepare for the long day.
First it's class from 9:20AM-10:35AM
Then 1-4:40 with one 15 minute break in between
Then 5-8:40PM with a 10 minute break and leaving at 8.
By the time I step out of the building at 8, I'm done and all I want to do is stuff my face with food and pass out on my bed.
Which I did this past Thursday. Well sort of. I had dinner with a co-worker and upon entering the school cafeteria, chocolate awakened my nose. I looked and there was nutella pizza just sitting on the counter, waiting to be eaten.
I walked away, like the bigger person, and got a burger. While eating said burger, I thought "screw being a bigger person and get that Nutella pizza dammit."
So I did.
Between the hamburger, fries and chocolatey goodness of a pizza, I felt like crap hashtag junk food life, went back home and made a salad. I felt a little healthier and a little better.

Spinach Blackberry Salad
Handful of Spinach
Handful of Blackberries
Half of an avocado
Half of a lemon

Place spinach in a bowl with blackberries.
Cut lemon into slices and mix with the spinach and blackberries.
Cut up avocado into slices and place on top of spinach salad.
Consume.

Did I mention that I was binge watching Netflix while eating this salad? Contradicting my belief of being healthy. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment