Tuesday, February 24, 2015

(friday) mornings rain was falling...

It wasn't. I tried pulling a Maroon 5, but it didn't work. It was a Friday morning where I didn't have an errand to run, an office to go and work or somewhere to go. I could take my time.
I woke up with time to make fresh cup of coffee and make myself breakfast. A rarity that I have hashtag first world problems.
On this Friday morning, with my fresh cup of coffee, I decided to make blueberry coffee cake in a mug.

Blueberry Coffee Cake in a Mug
1 tablespoons of butter
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 cup of flour
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2-3 tablespoons of blueberries

2 teaspoons flour
1 teaspoons butter
1 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoons cinnamon

Place butter in mug and microwave until melted. Stir white sugar into butter until dissolved. Mix 1/4 cup of flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt until batter is smooth. Add in blueberries and mix well.

Mix 2 teaspoons of flour, teaspoon of butter, teaspoon of brown sugar, and a teaspoon of cinnamon together and mix well. Sprinkle on top of batter.
Cook for 50-80 minutes.
Once cooked, mix toppings all around batter. This step is important. Believe me, you do not want to take a first bite and just get a bite-ful of flour. It's not appetizing. So mix well. Take my word.


No comments:

Post a Comment