Saturday, February 21, 2015

mug-shot

In the theme of Lent and cooking without a kitchen, I have chosen to post one food picture a day. Photo. Not post. I tried doing the one post a day, but with school, midterms and planning an entire week-long, posts-a day is a little overwhelming. I know, this blog is technically my homework as well, but somethings just need to be in priority.
Like this cookie in a mug that I made in substitute for homework. I was assigned to write my own obituary for a writing class and had done every piece of homework that I had even the ones that were tedious and a pain in the butt.
Have you ever had to write your own obituary? 500 words with no mention of how you died nor when the memorial would be. The saddest, hardest assignment that I've probably ever had my four years of college.
So at 11PM on a Wednesday night, when I had no games left to play on Trivia Crack and my friends were out sleeping or doing homework, I sat down, faced my laptop, took a deep breath and typed "How to make a chocolate chip cookie in a mug".


Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 drops of Vanilla Extract
Small Pinch of Salt
1 Egg Yolk
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons of chocolate chips

Place butter in large mug and melt in the microwave for 10 seconds. Add white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract and mix well. Add in egg yolk (discard the egg white)  and mix egg yolk into sugar-butter mix. Add flour, one at a time while stirring well making sure all ingredients are incorporated. Once mixed, add in the chocolate chips and give it one or two last stirs. Put it in the microwave for 40-60 seconds.
And if you are wondering, yes I did end up writing my obituary and finished at one in the morning. It was awkward and sad and weird to reflect on my life as a 21 year old. Also I snuck in a food pun, in hopes of entertain my professor. I hope that's not weird to have an obituary be entertaining. Is it? 
I don't know, it was one in the morning and I was on a cookie high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment