Thursday, February 12, 2015

pucker up

When I was really little, I used to (and still do) take lemons and suck all the juice out and eat it off the lemon rind. I loved the taste of the tart and the way it made my face pucker. To get me to stop, my mother would always tell me that the more I ate the lemon, I would ruin the roof of my mouth.
Of course I didn't listen. I still ate lemons, sucked the juice out of them and still do it to this day.
Lemon in water, lemon in diet coke, lemon in tea, or just lemons. I don't care if what my mother said was a myth to get me to stop or was the truth, either way I'd still eat lemons.

After my intense produce shopping on Saturday afternoon, and being extremely proud of being under my budget, I proudly made this salad and filled my basic kitchen with the smell of citrus. My mouth suffered from all the tart of the fruit and I was surprise my face stayed normal though all the puckering it did.

Spinach Citrus Salad
1/2 lemon
1/2 orange
1/2 grapefruit
Handful of spinach leaves
Feta cheese
Balsamic Vinaigrette

Cut lemon, orange and grapefruit into slices and place in a circle (or any shape you prefer) on your plate. Place spinach leaves around citrus slices, sprinkle feta cheese over spinach and citrus and drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over salad. Have  mason jar filled with fruit water to help with the tart-ness.
The lemon reminded me of my childhood and eating too many lemons, the oranges reminded me of my childhood soccer days when we would smile with orange rinds in our mouth and the grapefruit reminded me of why I never eat grapefruit, thus pushing all the feta cheese to the grapefruit to not waste food.

Also in other #culinarypaparazzi news, do you know who Eden Eats is?  No? I didn't either until I googled her and found that she holds my dream job. Traveling around the world and eating and hosting a show on the Cooking Channel, the only difference is that she is British and I'm not. 
So why am I talking about this Eden Eats? 
She liked my Instagram photo from 17 weeks ago and I almost flew out of my seat, literally. 
A TV host and food lover like myself liked my photo. Does this make me internet famous? No? Will more TV hosts and food lovers like my Instagram photos? I don't know but I'll keep you posted.
So in the meantime, I'll be on Cloud 9 because Eden Eats liked my photo.
Also if you are curious here is the photo that she liked. 
17 weeks ago I went to In n Out with my friend Brandon.
17 weeks later, Eden Eats liked my photo. Ugh, this is a #culinarypaparazzi dream come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment