Monday, February 16, 2015

on a budget...twice

This past Saturday was my weekly grocery shopping at Oliver's. With my hope of making desserts, the ingredients I needed were too heavy for my little bike basket and so I dragged my friend Brandon who had a car and needed to go grocery shopping as well.
After that day, I realized I had forgotten 3 crucial ingredients and I went again today and instead walked the 6 miles (to Oliver's there and back) in the 72 degree weather (in February mind you) and silently prayed for a foot massage which I never got.

My grocery list:
Milk ($2.69)
Bacon ($3.99)
Cream Cheese ($2.49)
Sugar ($2.48)
Flour ($3.69)
Red Velvet Cake Mix ($2.29)
Graham Crackers ($3.99)
Chocolate Chips ($3.49)
6- pack Eggs ($1.89)
Raspberries Blackberries ($4.99)
Budget: $40.00
Actually Spent: $31.99

Things I forgot and bought the next day
Bread
Avocados
Conditioner
Budget: $20.00
Actually Spent: $9.45

Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching
Total spent for two days: $41.44
Okay so I went over a $1.44 but I promise I will be using all of this stuff. Like I promise and if I don't then please let me know and I will use it. Like please, I don't want to waste money and food, it would contradict this entire project.


No comments:

Post a Comment