Sunday, February 15, 2015

cheesecake for one please

Valentine's Day has always been an awkward/sad day for me. Just one more reminder of my single life and how my life is empty without a boyfriend. Grocery stores, malls and even buildings in the university covered in red hearts and immense amount of chocolates and "I love you's".
It's disgusting.
Every Valentine's I find myself stuffing my face with chocolate, wearing red so I can be semi-festive and eating an immense amount of chocolate. (Yes I know I said that twice, just wanted to emphasize how much I eat chocolate that day).
First Valentine's in college, my mom sent me a package entirely with chocolate, which I ate in a span of two days. The second Valentine's I went to class, ate chocolate, and went out dancing and at a sandwich at 3AM (no there was no alcohol, I was just eating my feelings at a 24 hour restaurant because it was Valentine's Day). The third Valentine's I was at a pub where they hosted a "Lonely Hearts Club" in that single people were the only one's allowed. I ate my feelings in a BBQ pineapple hamburger (that was my valentine) and had a big Czech beer and wore red well...again to be festive and watched the Winter Olympics with my friend Cassie. I did not have a Swedish man in my life, but my beer did make a heart out of foam as pictured below.
I took it as a sign, like a crystal ball, that I would find a guy 4 months before I left for the states. I didn't. I then took it as a sign that I would find a guy in the states for my next Valentine's day.
I didn't.
This Valentines, I spent it grocery shopping with my friend Brandon (who is just a friend), eating a delicious sandwich field with garlic (because, let's be real, I wasn't going to kiss anyone so why not fill my breath with garlic), and made this blackberry cheesecake in a jar while looking into the bright eyes of my true Valentine. Netflix. 

Blackberry Cheesecake in a Jar
8oz. cream cheese
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup milk
1 cup of graham crackers
 handful of blackberries (or fruit of your choice)

Crumble graham crackers into crumbs. Mix cream cheese, honey and milk together and mix until smooth. Take mason jar and place graham cracker crumbs, cream cheese mixture, fruit, graham crackers, cream cheese and then fruit. Seal tight and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Eat and eat and forget that you're single.
Happy Valentine's Day from my Basic Kitchen to yours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment