Tuesday, May 5, 2015

in the hole

Before any dirty thoughts pop in your head, let me explain the title of the post for the rest of this blog entry.
I'm on my last days of my academic career which I repeat on this blog multiple times and will continue to repeat until May 17th when I wake up in my bed in my hometown with a slight panic attack.
I was also on my last avocado. The end is near and contents of my pantry and fridge are on their last leg just like me (metaphorically that is.)
Instead of making guacamole, or putting it on toast or mushing it up, I decided to go back to my summer job roots of sitting in the front desk of my job eating avocado straight out of the shell.
Recreating my summer job ways when life was simple and all I worried about was getting sunburned and not making kids drown, I ate the avocado pretending that I had no worries and college graduation was just a dream.
It didn't help.
I ate the whole avocado while watching Netflix and sat in my chair and sulked. No matter how much I try, the thought of leaving and become a grown-up is terrifying. Also I was sad that I was out of avocados.

Goat Cheese in Avocado with Dried Cranberries
1 avocado- cut in half
Goat cheese
dried cranberries (or any dried fruit)

Cut avocado in half and take out the pit. Lather goat cheese in the hole (the title of this blog) and sprinkle dried fruit or any nuts that you have. Sprinkle salt and pepper and eat with spoon.
I have 11 days until I will be done and 11 days until I will be quiet about graduation.
I apologize for talking about it so much, but thank you to all who are tolerating me. I really do appreciate it, in return I will come to your house and make you something, just give me a time and date.
Okay thanks bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment