Thursday, May 28, 2015

crunch crunch lunch

During the last semester of my senior year, I only went home once and it was during Easter weekend. It was then that I realized my parents are slowly but surely redecorating the house I grew up in since I was four-years-old. With my sister working at Restoration Hardware, my house is slowly turning into a Restoration Hardware magazine.
My childhood home that was once held 90s carpet and weird 90s wallpaper is now rustic with beige, black and brown colors with egg shell white and tan walls, starting from the dining room into the living room.
With the unknown time that I will be here, lord knows what will happen to the rest of the house in the upcoming months. 30 years later and my room with teal walls and Pottery Barn bed sheets and covers from high school will be a brown, beige and tan Restoration Hardware bedroom with a Swedish closet.
The perks of having RH furniture is the perfect coloring background for the culinary paparazzi photos. With having a black wood dining table, the colors of the food pop more and I look like a professional photographer than an awkward 21-year-old wannabe professional with a beige desk and the rest of her crap in the background that is totally seen in the photo.
As seen in this below photo of my lunch last week.

Open-faced prosciutto sandwich
2 slices of whole wheat toast
2 slices of prosciutto
1/2 of hass avocado- sliced
pistachios- crushed

Toast whole wheat bread to your liking.
Once done, lay prosciutto slices on each slice of toast.
Take avocado and cut in half and place slices on top of prosciutto.
Take pistachios and crush with knife and sprinkle on top of toast.
Eat and here the crunch, crunch of the toast and pistachios.



No comments:

Post a Comment