Saturday, April 11, 2015

whatever was in my fridge that day

Usually when I have made a salad, I have a set recipe of what goes in the salad, how much goes in, spinach to veggie ratio in pursuit of creating the perfect salad.
This past Wednesday, there was no set recipe, no ratio of spinach to veggie. I literally threw in what was in my fridge and put it in a tupperware for my night class.
It turned out well and delicious as always but it was random, in a rush and un-organized, like my day that Wednesday.

Whatever is in my fridge salad
Handful of spinach
1/4 cup of sliced onion
1/4 cup of chopped tomato
handful of carrots
blue cheese
salt
pepper
balsamic vinaigrette
olive oil

Place spinach in a tupperware. Chop onion into slices and mix with spinach. Chop tomato into pieces and mix with spinach and onions. Sprinkle carrots and blue cheese on top. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.
NOTE: beware of interacting with people when it comets the mixture of the onion and blue cheese.
ALSO NOTE: Make sure your tupperware is sealed tight or wrap in a bag. Do NOT throw into a backpack or bag because balsamic vinaigrette WILL spill all over your backpack putting the icing on the cake on a rough Wednesday.

Happy Hump Day and hope your Wednesday was a little better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment