Sunday, April 19, 2015

treat yo'self

Watch the video below, and then watch it again and then get back to this blog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0&spfreload=10

It was a treat yo'self day in the kitchen. Well, to be honest, everyday is a treat yo'self in my kitchen but this was a particular "Treat yo'self".
It was Thursday, my long day of classes, and I was done. I was done with my classes, done with work and just done with the day.
That Thursday night, I was craving something chocolatey , something sweet to lift up my spirits of a long day. Something sweet to start my weekend.
I then remember the chocolate cake that had me leaning back in my chair moaning over its deliciousness. I longed for that deliciousness, I needed it.
So I made it.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake in a Mug with Marshmallow Fluff
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of white sugar
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of peanut butter (or almond butter)
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of chocolate chips

In a large microwaveable mug, mix flour, cocoa powder and baking powder until fully mixed. Add milk, butter and vanilla extract and mix well, making sure all the ingredients are incorporated and there is no flour leftover on the bottom. Fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter and mix one last time.
Microwave for 1-2 minutes until cake is done, and then dollop marshmallow fluff on top or another dollop of peanut butter, whatever you want to treat yo'self.
Treat o'self 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment