Sunday, April 26, 2015

late night snack dinner

I complain about my Thursdays frequently on this blog. It seems like each Thursday gets longer and longer and more exhausting as this semester ends and my dinner time gets pushed back further and further.
This particular Thursday, was incredibly long.
Wake up and go to 9:20AM class
End at 10:30AM.
11AM Go to school cafe and do homework/ apply to jobs and cry inside.
12PM- Go to school pub and drink my feelings in a Hefeweizen
1-4:40PM- Senior Sem where
4:40-5PM- Eat fried pickles and pick up clothes to change.
5-8PM- Class
8PM-10PM- Gender Bender event in which I had to perform
10:30PM- Dinner

I know it's unhealthy to eat past a certain time and can take a toll on my weight but it was either starve or just face the extra pounds.
I decided to face the extra pounds.
Hopefully I didn't because the dinner I made wasn't a full on meal, it was more of a snack to fill me up for the night until breakfast the next morning.

Corn, Avocado, Black Bean and Tomato Salsa
1 small can of corn
1 avocado- chopped
1/4 cup of black beans
1/2 tomato-chopped
Salt
Pepper
Lemon Juice (from bottle or from lemon)

Take small can of corn and drain it and pour it in a bowl.
Take avocado and slice into cubes and place it in bowl and mix with the corn.
Drain black beans and mix with avocado and corn.
Take tomato and chop it into pieces and mix with corn, avocado, and black beans.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Mix one last time making sure all the components are mixed well.
*Taste test to see if there needs to be more salt, pepper or lemon juice or all three.
Serve with blue corn tortilla chips, pita bread, or bread or eat with a fork.


No comments:

Post a Comment