Friday, April 3, 2015

bowling for salad

It was a sunny Cesar Chavez day and I craved a big bowl of salad.
The first in my 21-year-old life. I usually eat a salad before my main meal of some sort of un-healthyness to balance it out so I don't feel guilty and when my doctor asks if I eat vegetables I can say "Yes doctor of course I do!" and not pull a Liz Lemon.
I mean she's right....

But I don't think Liz Lemon ever craved a salad like I did this past Tuesday. 
I longed for green, red, a little bit of purple. The creaminess of an avocado, the juicy mouth twitching taste of a tomato, the spice of a pepper that has my whole face in a twerk when I eat a mouthful of it. Ugh, my mouth was drooling. So I looked at my doors covered with recipes and found one that could fulfill my big craving for a salad. 
Vegan Cobb Salad.
Fact: Did you know that when Jennifer Aniston was on F-R-I-E-N-D-S, she ordered a Vegan Cobb Salad everyday for the whole 10 seasons? That is dedication to Cobb salad and that is probably why her hair looked so fantastic every single episode. It might have been the reason why she didn't wear a bra all those seasons because that Cobb Salad was the best thing ever and she forgot to put one on in the midst of eating it.
I mean it happens. You eat something so good and are so consumed in the delicious taste that you forget a piece of clothing. It happens Jenn, it happens. 

Vegan Cobb Salad
Handful of Spinach
Tomato-sliced and chopped
1/2 of an avocado- chopped
1 small can of red beans
1 small can of corn
chopped bacon
almonds
pinchful of cilantro
Olive Oil

Take a huge bowl. Like a HUGE BOWL (I used one of my mixing bowls) and place spinach, chopped tomato and chopped avocado. Drain the beans and corn well and mix it with the salad. 
Cook the bacon in the microwave to your desired temperature and cut them into pieces. Mix the pieces in the salad. Add in the almonds and cilantro and drizzle olive oil in the salad and mix well getting all ingredients in. Eat in a mixing bowl or large bowl and watch Liz Lemon shove a steak in her mouth and remember that you are eating a salad for her.
Just remember all your clothes after you eat this salad before you step out the door.
K Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment