Saturday, March 28, 2015

post-sprang break

When I just spent a spring break farming and gardening with little to no rest for the whole week, I decided it was best to treat myself.
That Sunday, I went to brunch at my new favorite place, The Naked Pig and ordered and Eggs Benedict, then went grocery shopping because I desperately needed food, bought myself an Oliver's sandwich because that is my weakness in life and then craved something sweet.
Sweet as in my dentist would cringe at the sight of this and the thought that I would put this in my mouth.
Sweet as in I had just eaten a garlic filled sandwich from Oliver's and my breath was stank.
Sweet as in I deserved to have something sweet and dessert-y after eating savory meals for a week.
Sweet as in Nutella and oatmeal all cooked in a mug.
Sweet as can be.

Nutella Oatmeal Cake in a Mug
3 tablespoons of milk
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
1 1/2 tablespoons of oats
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
1 tablespoon of Nutella

In a mug, mix together milk, olive oil and sugar. Mix in flour until mixture is smooth, then mix in the oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Place Nutella in middle of mixture so it is submerged in the cake batter.
Microwave for 30-45 seconds depending on your microwave.
Eat and enjoy and be as sweet as the cake in your mug.




No comments:

Post a Comment