Tuesday, March 31, 2015

mini-snack while almost burning my room

I was working on Friday, when I realized that I had to go grocery shopping the next day and had no idea what I was going to make this upcoming week. I also realized that I needed to get on my shit because I am behind on this thing, as said before, and needed a good week plan.
So, in the middle of work, when there was a lull-gap time, I scrolled through FoodGawker and Yummly and found a recipe for caprese said that I could totally do in my basic kitchen.
It was also create a miniature size dish on Food52 blog and I was determined to make a cappers salad mini size in hopes of being inter web famous on Food52.
I'm still waiting...

But in the meantime, I made candied bacon in my microwave and burnt some brown sugar and maple syrup on my bacon sheet. Oops.
On the bright side, I didn't set my fire alarm off. That would have been embarrassing.

Mini Caprese Salad with candied bacon
2 strips of bacon- chopped into pieces
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
Maple Syrup
Tomato
Basil
Mozzarella Cheese

In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and maple syrup. Take two strips of bacon and cut them into pieces. Take the small pieces and coat them in the brown sugar and maple syrup. Place coated bacon on a bacon sheet or plate, cover with a paper towel/napkin and microwave for 2 minutes or more depending on your microwave.
While bacon is cooking, cut tomato into 3 slices and cut the slices and chop them into squares.
Cut mozzarella cheese into little cubes.
Take pieces of basil.




*Note: I didn't have toothpicks for this, so I had to strategically balance the tomato, mozzarella, bacon and basil.
Take tomato cube, place the bacon on top, then the mozzarella cube and then the basil all with a steady hand.
I'm very proud of these mini caprese salad and I danced in joy of how delicious they were.
Make them, eat them, and do a dance of joy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment