Wednesday, February 4, 2015

the first post

Hello and welcome.
If you haven't read the introductory page on this blog "Press Start" then here is a brief description into the purpose of this blog.
This blog is my Senior Seminar Project in which my professor let the class decide what project we wanted to do in a field that we wanted to work with. I had two choices for this said project: create a television show from start to finish, or create a food blog on the struggles of not having a kitchen.
Writing a television show would have taken me days as a TV show (a sitcom) is about 21 minutes with about 12-15 episodes, therefore I would have to write 21 minutes worth of an episode 12 -15 times in my last semester of college juggling a job and an internship. No thanks.
Food blog it was.
Incorporating my internship along with leading a Food Justice trip next month, I introduce you to my blog on cooking without a kitchen and how to eat healthy while doing it.
I hope you enjoy it because my grade depends on it.

I made a rice cake look good
2 rice cakes
Maple almond butter (or peanut butter)
1/2 granny smith apple
Honey
Cinnamon

Place two rice cakes side by side. Chop up half of an apple into slices. Spread almond butter or peanut butter on each rice cake, place apple slices on top and drizzle honey and sprinkle some cinnamon over it. Eat or be like me and try not to get honey on your bed or computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment